The American Blood Clot Association: A Non-Profit Blood Clot Charity
The American Blood Clot Association is fighting every day to educate people on the signs and symptoms of blood clots.
We must significantly reduce the number of blood clot deaths per year.
Currently, in the United States, there is a low blood clot, DVT, pulmonary embolism and clot related stroke awareness level…our non-profit blood clot charity is going to change that!
Our Goal is to Reduce Blood Clot Deaths Per Year
Blood Clot Awareness Statistics
Upwards of 2 Million Americans each year are affected by DVT (Blood clots in the legs)
- Approximately 300,000 Americans die each year from blood clots that travel from the leg (DVT) to the lungs (Pulmonary Embolism).
- The number of deaths from blood clots is more than breast cancer and AIDS combined.
- What is the leading cause of preventable hospital deaths in the United States? Blood Clots
- What is the leading cause of maternal death in America? Blood Clots
- 33% of people diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism(a blood clot that travels to the lungs) will die.
795,000 people have strokes in the United States each year, 137,000 of them die.
Join our Facebook Blood Clot Page or Facebook Support Group
Don't become another statistic. Know the signs. Know the symptoms.
We need your help to spread blood clot, DVT, pulmonary embolism and clot related stroke awareness in order to change the way people and healthcare professionals think about these life-threatening conditions.
Please consider making a blood clot foundation donation today so that we may achieve our goals and reduce the number of blood clot deaths per year.
We would love to hear from you, so feel free to call, email, or join us online.